Saturday, May 31, 2014

Since My Placement...

Part of what I want this blog to be is a really detailed report of every thing involved in applying for and being accepted to JET. So, as a small update, here's what's happened since I was told my placement in mid-May:
  • I had to reply and accept the placement by email
  • I joined the Tottori JET group on Facebook and posted about my placement on ITIL
  • Through Facebook I found my predecessor and have been in contact with him
  • I was contacted by the JET travel agent to email my travel booking for me and my family. This was for the flight from Toronto to Tokyo, but she offered to go ahead and book flights, bus transport to Keio, and a room with breakfast for my family.
  • I was contacted by the Tottori prefectural advisor, as she needed information about my family for visa procedures on their end. She also offered to help book flights for my family from Tokyo to Tottori and assist with finding a school for my daughter
  • The Tottori PA also sent out a general email to everyone, giving some general information and also requesting information for hankos (personal seals) 
Pre-departure orientations have also started in Toronto. I was planning to attend the first general information session, but unfortunately I had to back out at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment