Friday, August 15, 2014

More Shopping

This afternoon, N-san took us shopping at the big AEON in Tottori city. We bought a rice cooker, which oddly was impossible to find anywhere else, most inconveniently. We also got a clothes rack so we could start getting some things out of our suitcases finally! 

Afterwards, we bought some bread for dinner and I had the most amazing, delicious croissant of my life! It was so chewy and soft inside that I thought there was cheese! I really wish that AEON wasn’t so difficult to get to! Although, I guess my wallet would suffer! I also managed to find a bottle of yuzu juice, which I was thrilled about because they don’t sell it in our little TOSC.


When we got home we used the rice cooker, which took some effort because we had no idea what the directions said. But in the end it turned out really good! And we even got a cheap rice cooker. So even the cheap ones here cook rice better than I did in a pot in Canada. Then again, the rice is better, so that’s probably part of it. I think the rice we have is actually from Tottori prefecture, which is really cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment