Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hello December!

November ended with an insanely warm weekend of 18 degree weather, and then - BOOM - December. It was like the seasons changed literally overnight. Like some sort of official start to Winter, the first snow came on December 2nd. It started off light, but built up to a pretty thick flurry at one point. However, it ended pretty quickly and melted as soon as it touched the ground.
The next day it snowed again. It still melted pretty quickly, but some did build up on rooftops and on the mountain peaks for a short time.
The next day it rained.

Anyway, here's a photo of the first snow.



Yeah, as you can see, not very substantial.

It feels very odd to me. I can't believe this is the month of Christmas! Its probably the first time for me to experience this kind of warmth and lack of snow at this time of year. That said, I love it. I wish it was even warmer! At this point I'm beginning to regret not requesting Okinawa. However, apparently it snows a ton here and Chizu even has a snow festival. I expect it to get a lot colder and snowier. I think by the end of February it should be back to liveable temperatures. Until then, I hibernate under blankets and many, many layers.

Woke up to more significant snow on December 6th.

Woke up to more significant snow on December 6th.



No comments:

Post a Comment