Thursday, April 16, 2015

Yana's Language Progress: April 2015



Yana has made a lot of progress lately with her Japanese, so I think its time for a language progress update. Now, she is certainly not fluent and she still has a ways to go. But I think she's probably around a 2 year old equivalent. I also have no idea what her comprehension is like, since I'm not at school with her.

  • issha [just a very Japanese sound one makes while doing something, not even sure if I've spelled it correctly]
  • happyoukai [recital]
  • tabete [eat]
  • arigatou gozaimasu [thank you very much]
  • sugoi ne [cool, eh?]
  • matte! [wait!]
  • kore nan deshou? [what's this?]
  • gomen nasai [sorry]
  • iranai [I don't want it / I don't need it]
  • Yana desu [I'm yana]

She has started using some vocabulary in everyday life with me and Justin, too (arigatou, gomen nasai, dame). She even introduces herself now as "[last name] Yana-chan." On a trip to Kyoto, someone offered her a food sample and hilariously she shouted, "Iranai!" at them. She sings a lot in Japanese (although its more of just mumbling random sounds) and she likes to copy short jingles from the TV, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment